3.01.2016

The Talks VII

Leonardo Dicaprio: "I am a lot calmer now"

How important is it for you to challenge yourself even further with every film that you do?

That really depends on the role. It's always this grand search in the industry to find good material. Whenever there is good material they all jump on it and it's like a food fight to get it made. That's why so many things take years and years to develop because it all shows up on screen. If there are holes in the story structure, if it's not a compelling, moving narrative, that shows on screen and the movie fails.

You seem to be winning the food fight, considering the material that you get.

It's been director driven. I have to say that whatever decisions I make, I really do think that movie making is a director's medium. They are the people that ultimately shape the film and director can take great material and turn it into garbage if they are not capable of making a good movie. So that is why I have chosen to work with directors that I feel can transport themselves in the audience's mind. The truth is that I always wanted to be an actor; it was always my dream.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기