2.10.2016

The Talks VI

Bruce Weber: "Have a viewpoint"

Do you have to show some of those young people how to take a photo?

No, I hope that they'll show me. I'm recording an amazing moment in their life where they're just starting out and it's sort of my job to know where they went to school and what musical instrument they played or what sports they played, not for me to teach them how to be a model or how to take a picture. But I never felt like that world model was so important. It is more just a subject, a person, a friend, a family member.

Your pictures always incorporate multiple layers. How do you bring these elements together?

I think it is an instinctual thing. Sometimes when I am about to photograph somebody and I have to think about their body language, I'll think about one of my dogs laying down on his back and scratching his stomach. I kind of think about the lustfulness that's in life. I always tell my assistants who are young photographers that they should have a strong life, have a viewpoint.

What do you mean?

Go out in the world and live!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기