3.01.2015

The Talks IV

Morgan Freeman: "Strive for pleasure and peace"

Mr. Freeman, aren't you tired of working all the time?

I'm not digging tunnels, I'm not building buildings. My work is not hard, my work is refreshing, my work is pleasant. The more the better. Lying around and getting no job is debilitating.

It's been a long time since you were unemployed... Do you even remember the last time you were looking for work?

I had a lot of bad jobs, but I think the worst was working at a food place. Just before that I had been working in an office as a clerk. I wanted more money but they refused. Then I auditioned for a show as a dancer, I got the job, and I quit my office job immediately. The bad thing was that my dancing job only lasted for three months and then the show shut down. So I found this job working in this little place handing out coffee and donuts.

That doesn't sound so bad...

Well, on night one of the guys I was working with in the show came in. I tried to hide under the counter, but he saw me and asked me what I was doing there. After I admitted that I was an unemployed actor at the moment, he told me that he was on his way to his new show. That moment was terrible for me.

Would you say you've lived more happy days in your life or more unhappy?

More happy days. I started working when I was thirty and I am still working, so that's more happy days.

What was the best thing that somebody ever did to you?

I think the best thing somebody ever did to me was my mother opening her legs and squirting me out.

And the worst?

The worst thing hasn't really happened yet.

That seems pretty positive.

I'm making a great effort because sometimes life is not enjoyable. Sometimes it's painful and sometimes it's stressful, sometimes it's agonizing even, so I think once you get around those humps: strive for pleasure and peace.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기