8.01.2012

Dissertation On A Man With No Country I

My interest in fashion is deeply rooted in the charm of its inherent freedom.
Freely creating things from my imagination, and sharing those things with many people. I was captivated by this charm.
While driving down a road in the American countryside, I gazed upon a teepee, so nomadic in nature, and was reminded of my adolescence.
Growing older, bound by obligations; since when did we lose sight of what it means to be free?
Had we forgotten our thoughts from a time closer to when we stepped into this world?
Last year at our exhibition in Paris, we raised a teepee as a symbol of our return to freedom.
I learned the craft of teepee-making from a scholar based in Montana, and even completed a section of the stitching myself.
When we finally erected the teepee, it was the greatest feeling in the world, and felt like my childhood dream had become a reality.
When I was still on the outside looking in, before getting into fashion, or even before entering the working world, I would always think how great the joys of  freedom were.
Visvim

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기